Wednesday 26 January 2011

I'm way, way behind.

Thai Silks got the Adele cut velvet to me in record time. I've got to get lining and dye. Also, I've got to finish the blue satin Burda blouse for a house concert Saturday night, to make way for pajama bottoms for my husband's birthday Feb. 12, and still haven't cut out the Badgley Mischka underdress, nor traced the two new Burda skirts for which I bought dark cottons and linings.

This is a woeful lack of administrative competence. That's a polite way of putting it.

On the other hand, I finished an 18-page synopsis for a historical political thriller and sent it to my agent in London. She still hasn't sold my 360-page domestic comic novel, so now she's the one who's got the backlog! hahahaha...I gloated while I took down the Xmas tree in blistering bright Swiss mountain sunshine. Happy Chinese New Year of the Rabbit to all and yours!

Does anybody really read novels on the Kindle? I've got a trilogy of mystery novels set in Hong Kong, Tibet and Guangdong Province and wondering if it's worth putting them up on the amazon.com site. Mixed reviews about the Kindle contract make me hesitate. Only one got into hardcover in New York, and it was always weird to see Volume II just floating out there.

Better to brood over the sewing machine...

3 comments:

  1. I read everything on Kindle these days, I for one would love to read your HK stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judging by all the people with Kindles on the train, I'd say yes, novels are being read that way. Not there yet myself, but I work for a company that sells books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know quite a few who really read on the Kindle, so worth a go!

    ReplyDelete